I suggest you ...

Fix multi-domain search results

Apparently, multi-domain search result for breached email account sets are broken. Maybe only for large result sets?
I did a multi-domain search after the avectis breach notification with over 10.000 of our company and customer emails affected. However, the "Breached email accounts" tab in the excel format was empty. The HTML did not load (result set to big) and the JSON also only included "{"BreachSearchResults":null, ..."
Can you check this please?

6 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Florian shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Florian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any news on this issue? There were a few breaches in the last months affecting larger numbers of our users and we are not able to download the data sets due to the large data set error.

• Florian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I will stay tuned. Thanks for looking into this and for this great service you are providing with HIBP!
        Another optimization could be to allow filtering by specific breaches and/or date range for the multi-domain search so the result set of a query can be drastically reduced.

• AdminTroy Hunt (Admin, Have I been pwned?) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'll leave this idea sitting here as it's something I'd like to optimise in the future, but this is also only an issue when there's a huge result set due to either the number of domains or the number of email addresses on them. At some point, there has to be a cut-off on execution time. That said, I do think I can optimise the query by asyncing the more of the Table Storage requests. Stay tuned.

Feedback and Knowledge Base