explain in the FAQ why a mail address (mine!) appears as hacked in your tool, but the associated password is not listed as hacked?
Does it mean that the e-mail adress was hacked, but that the associated password was not decrypted? If not, why the password is not found in your database? Thanks.
HIBP does not store passwords.
Is there a link to see:
I type in my email
I type in my password
it checks if both items match you "pawned" password database.
a) my email is listed as pawned.
b) I updated my password.
c) 1 year later there is another entry in the pawned database.
d) How do I know if the new password was compromised or old? I would like to type in my email and password and know if its compromised. Something similar to what github is doing.
- I can check if my email was listed as compromised
- I can check if the password was listed, but I don't know if maybe that's for somebody's email address.
- There is no way to check if the combination of email/password was compromised.
- github somehow got around this limitation (Do they know the email and password was compromised, or they just do it based on email)
- allow me to type in my email and password, and check if its a match in your pawned database?