I suggest you ...

Add wildcard support for spamgourmet addresses

Spamgourmet.com allows a user to create disposable email addresses on the fly. That way a unique email address can be used for each web site you sign up for. The structure of an address is identifier[.##].username@spamgourmet.com, where the identifier can change per site and [.##] is an optional max number of emails you want to receive. Because a different address is used for each site it is currently impossible to query HIBP for breaches of all sub-addresses, like *.username@spamgourmet.com. Allowing wildcard search and notification for spamgourmet addresses (or its many alias domains) would enable users to check on any of their disposable addresses.

18 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Jasper shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • IT should work now! commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This was discussed at length in another thread requesting similar for gmail's use of + in their addresses. I'd love it too as I use a different <email>+<sitename>@gmail.com for every website I register on.

Troy's feedback was he's crunched the numbers and can't justify the commitment of time given the low % of addresses using the convention mentioned.

It's a shame because I have to consider re-naming all my accounts with the vanilla address so that I can find (and be notified of) the address in a breach.

Feedback and Knowledge Base