Add a link to the site explaining what to do when you are a victim of data breach.
My email address poped up as being part of a breach. What are the next steps?
* void the respective accounts?
* Just change the password?
* Other options?
It would be nice just to have a link to some mitigation actions for present and also for the future.
Thanks for the effort put on this site
Bo Herrmannsen commented
i voted for this, but in my case 2 of the sites mentioned was no longer reachable and the 2 other i simply deleted my account as i no longer used them or could live without them
1. login and change password of the email that is compromised.
2. create a new and separate email address to use.
3. visit the breached website and change your password and update email to a new one created.
If it is not too challenging - you might also change the breached account login information and once confirmed back up data and delete the account. Create a new account on the site with all new login information - email and password.
4. check all accounts where the breached email maybe used and change the login detail and passwords.
5. run anti-virus through devices. Update and backup often.
6. use a password manager to help with accounts and email breaches in the future.
I agree. I'm totally baffled by it all and am really worried but can't see a way of checking the breaches, or whether passwords were breached, no guidance as to what to do now, (well nothing in simple plain English that I could understand anyway!) and I also have no link in the email leading me to do what I need to do. Worried sick here!
I agree that this would be a nice section to add. I've been searching on the site for more information on this. All I'm finding is "change your passwords."