Add a link to the site explaining what to do when you are a victim of data breach.
My email address poped up as being part of a breach. What are the next steps?
* void the respective accounts?
* Just change the password?
* Other options?
It would be nice just to have a link to some mitigation actions for present and also for the future.
Thanks for the effort put on this site
1. login and change password of the email that is compromised.
2. create a new and separate email address to use.
3. visit the breached website and change your password and update email to a new one created.
If it is not too challenging - you might also change the breached account login information and once confirmed back up data and delete the account. Create a new account on the site with all new login information - email and password.
4. check all accounts where the breached email maybe used and change the login detail and passwords.
5. run anti-virus through devices. Update and backup often.
6. use a password manager to help with accounts and email breaches in the future.
I agree. I'm totally baffled by it all and am really worried but can't see a way of checking the breaches, or whether passwords were breached, no guidance as to what to do now, (well nothing in simple plain English that I could understand anyway!) and I also have no link in the email leading me to do what I need to do. Worried sick here!
I agree that this would be a nice section to add. I've been searching on the site for more information on this. All I'm finding is "change your passwords."